Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pirate pants (creating my son's halloween costume)

This has nothing to do with the Cereal Box but I thought I'd go ahead and share the other project I'm working on. 

Purchase pattern on discount sale 

Cut pattern pieces out for each item and place them with the color fabric you'll use.
Muslin - top
Brown- pants
Red - vest
Green - sash

Try to keep Kiwi from chewing on the important parts of the pattern.
He had zero interest in the pattern pieces that were scraps.  Only what I had in my hands.
But I sure do love my sweet little parrot. 
Maybe he knows he is going to be hanging out with a pirate.

Pin pattern to fabric

Cut fabric

Stitch part of the pants after pinning 

 Open, arrange next to each other, pin both pieces in the center, and stitch more.

Flip and now it almost has legs. Pin and sew outside edges together 

Iron seems open. Fold and iron waist band and bottoms of pant legs. 

Pull elastic through, sew together, and stitch to close up the waist. 

Hang pants up and wait for him to get home from school so I can do the final fitting on the pant legs.

No comments: