Tuesday, August 26, 2008

he's finally getting his tonsils out on Wednesday

Tyler, my husband, is getting his tonsil out tomorrow. After 4 cases of strep in 3 months and giving it to the whole family, the doctor finally consented to cutting those puppies out. I had mine out at 21 and well, it was like swallowing barb wire for about 2 weeks and then a bad sore throat for the next week after that. But he had his appendix out while I was undergoing chemo two years ago and he did amazingly well. He bounces back super fast and feels very little pain. He gets that from his mom I think. Lucky him! I'm a total wimp when it comes to surgically induced pain. Anyway, the one major risk with tonsillectomies as an adult is excessive bleeding. He's had a priesthood blessing, but it always adds to a blessing when prayers of faith are offered as well. So if you think of him Wednesday August 27th and wouldn't mind offering a little prayer, we'd appreciate it. We'll be up early, he's the first one in line!

3 comments:

Krysta said...

Oh! Good luck with all of that. I will be thinking of your family and I hope Tyler recovers quickly. Maybe this won't be anything for him since he's had strep so many times...TORTURE!!!

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Heather said...

We'll be praying for him. Hope everything goes well.

Trishelle said...

You bet! How is he feeling?