Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's THAT time of year again

I'm slowly putting Christmas decorations away. I had the flu and an infection in top of that so I'm a bit behind. Normally I start gardening January 1st. I'm almost done with my heavy duty antibiotic (and no, I'm not one of those. I haven't taken traditional antibiotics since I had my tonsils out at 21. Some of my chemo drugs were actually antibiotics but that's not the same.). Anyway, I started out by dragging the huge bag of potting soil to the mud room door in the garage. Then I begged my husband to find all the pieces to the ladder game. It was only about -2 in the garage. Then my son helped me put the lights on the lifetime table I use. It's located in the heated basement. This morning I strung the lights on the ladder game. And now I'm putting soil and seeds in peat pots and sanitized containers from last year. I'll tell you more soon. My parrot just climbed up the cord and is trying to chew on the blinds!

1 comment:

Cristy said...

Man, I keep wanting to do this, but made myself promise to clean the house first. (I had surgery before Thanksgiving and was out of my normal routine for 6 weeks, and the house is a wreck.)

The pictures make me so desire to get those little seeds planted.