Monday, September 12, 2011

Harvest Monday - September 12th


You can click on this to see it larger

There are Red Beefsteak tomatoes up front, next is the sugar pie pumpkin and pumpkemons (the little multi-color pumpkins) and Pink Brandywine tomato on the far right (those are my favorite slicing tomato -yum!) and also one crook neck yellow squash, some genovese basil, 11 quarts of tomato juice, a bunch more green beans (way more than I expected this year), two very small but firm columbia cabbage (they took the entire summer to grow), more than my fair share of lemon cucumbers (if you want some email or text but you have to live close enough to pick them up or let me drop them off), and the basket in the back is full of early girl tomatoes and a few roma tomatoes. 

Check out Daphne's Dandelions for even more great harvests from around the world.  Did you see all the links at the end of today's post?  Click on those and you'll see some great gardens.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Love that you've had such a fantastic harvest this year! I planted more plants this year than I normally do and have had about 1/2 the harvest. And the insects have left me with the ugliest tomatoes ever. Seeing your pics reminds me that it's usually worth all the work!