Monday, February 28, 2011

We love snow

We got some really nice snow this past weekend.  You wouldn't believe it but there was no snow in our yard about 3 weeks ago.  NONE! We live on a private road too so thankfully there are a few people with snow plows on their trucks. It's not only our driveways we plow.

Driveway view - yes, it's that steep.

I don't usually help with the shoveling.  But this time I actually wanted to.  I have this terrible cold and so does my husband.  My throat felt a million times better while cold. And I don't think my husband could have managed to clean off the driveway and the front walk feeling so bad.

 This pile of snow is almost as tall as me!

So what do you do when you feel awful and your yard is knee waist deep in snow?
Let the kids go sledding with the neighborhood kids.

and work on a great Americana puzzle - the whole family helped on this one. Even my son helped to place the pieces we gave him. And I can't believe we didn't loose a single piece.  I'm ready to start another one...





2 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

I love puzzles. They're so addicting. And, I'm jealous of your snow!!

Trishelle said...

GORGEOUS shots of the snow! (Happy, homesick sigh)

Happy wintering!