Monday, November 22, 2010

Decorating for Christmas a little early

I've been trying to get a million things ready.  I'm having surgery soon and I'll be out for a few weeks.  I'm not really excited about it because it's something I've really struggled with since chemo.  So hopefully things will greatly improve and not actually get worse.  I mean, I've done physical therapy for months and it just didn't cut it. So we found the only other option and that is surgery. 

This photo turned out better than I could have expected.  Love my new lens.
Anyway, I kind of feel like I am on my own with this even though a few people have offered help.  No one can really bring meals.  I'm allergic to wheat, soy, melons, berries, and severely allergic to nuts. So I purchased aluminum pans that are recyclable and I'm making food I can stick in the freezer. I'm also trying to get as much prepared for church as possible.  I'm the Primary Secretary.  I have talks, prayers, Articles of Faith, and scripture assignments all set up through mid January. I have been organizing closets and drawers to make it easier for Tyler to find things for me if I need his help. AND I went ahead and decorated for Christmas.  I had to take apart my pre-lit tree (1/2 the lights were dead).  My daughter helped me a bunch. She loves Christmas just as much as I do. I went with the multi-color lights which I enjoyed as a kid. It's been fun and brought back a flood of memories.  I could sit and look at it for hours - which I will probably get to do after surgery. 


Here it is with the lights on, not the best angle but you get the idea.  I made that tree skirt in high school.  I really wish I could remember my home ec teacher's name.  She was an incredible teacher and loved this tree skirt (mostly the other side with the old fashioned Santa's on it) so much she made her own similar one. 
And here is my fireplace.  I'll have to take a better photo of the nativity later. Last year it was in the book shelf.  This year it's back on top of the right bookcase. You can click on any of the images to see them larger.

Anyway, I had to change my surgery date because my mom has been quite ill. She is going to have a scan done on the day I was originally going to have surgery. So we will see how it all turns out. But I finally feel like everything is falling into place and I'm as ready for surgery as it gets. Hopefully my mom will be on the road to recovery too!



1 comment:

Robin/ alarmrx2/ RMR said...

Laura- I hope your surgery has gone well! Or will go well!! You are such a strong person I am confident you will be confident in your recovery! Take care!