Saturday, August 14, 2010

Life is better ...

Sometimes I get downright cranky - usually when I haven't had enough sun.  I was thinking this morning, "What is the key to happiness?" For me it's GRATITUDE. It's about searching out all those little things in my life that  have made me happy and reflecting on them with a grateful heart and trying to do that OFTEN.  Sometimes I get bogged down in the fact that I thought after chemo and radiation things would be so much better.  It's taken a lot longer to recover than I thought.  That 5 year mark - well, they are serious about it. Along the way I've learned a few things.  Things I'm grateful for.

I recently went to a 'lung' doctor. He diagnosed me with reactive airways - exercise and allergy induced asthma.  This incredible but expensive inhaler that I use twice a day has been a gift from God.  My energy levels are amazing.  I can exercise the full 20 minutes of the 30 Day Shred without that horrible pinch in my chest that makes me hunch over in pain.   He also sent me to have an ECHO done.  Well the only problem was that it's taking my heart longer to fill up than it should (common after chemo), sometimes almost twice as long. It doesn't happen every time. Only every other or every third time.  So - I now have an explanation of why I am tired frequently.  And that is a gift too - because now I know it's not just in my head.  I can relax and press forward slowly.  It's also something that can  get better - 'give it 5 or 10 years' he's said. I can do that. I've also been thinking about all the things I've been able to do since chemo and radiation that I haven't done before. I'm working on that list and will share soon.

Also, Marne - I'm only using that steamer canner for PEACHES.  My husband loves them. We are going to put away 4 quart cases this year.  We need the speed. I'm also going to get a pressure cooker canner for things like tomatoes and green beans.  I'll post a photo when I get that thing too. Thanks for your info and for sharing that link. Appreciate your thoughtfulness.

No comments: