Friday, June 04, 2010

Memorial Day Activities

As a family, including some extended family, we hiked to this waterfall.  For those of you familiar with my area, you'll know this is a serious treat.  Waterfalls are not big in the high desert.  


This gives you a better idea of how big the falls are.  That's my little family to the right.

And here is my crazy brother in law having fun on the mountain side.  It was amazing to see him inch his way over there.

You can see from this photo just how steep this climb was.  It was killing my achilles tendon.  I found it better to run up hill.  My husband was in awe.  I have to thank Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred for getting me this far.  I haven't lost a pound (I only want to loose 5) but I think the strength I've gained is amazing and so I'm happy with that. Plus who can argue with only 20 minutes of exercise a day - I'm on week 7 and loving it. Anyway, it took us 50 minutes to reach the falls with little ones in tow.  My son did however walk down after the switch backs.

And here we are almost done for the day - our third river crossing on our way down.
I'd love to go there again someday!

No comments: