Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ABC'S of Summer

Well my internet is partially fixed.  So at least I can post to my blog.  I love the new Blogger designs.  So Fun! and the colors are fantastic looking with my blog (plus I've always wanted a three column blog).  

Anyway, my dear friend Krysta is so organized and such a good mom.  She is 100% dedicated to her family.  So I have decided to try the ABCs of summer with my children in an effort to give them more structure.  If they get all of their chores done on time, they get to pick out something from our list.  I've always want to create an ABC scrapbook too.  We are not doing this in order of any kind.  It's all about desire, need, weather, and what I can handle for the day.

So here we go - L - for Library


This means I have to get out of my comfort zone and take my camera with me to places I'd rather not - public places where people might look at me weird.  Don't get me wrong.  I love attention - just the right kind of attention. Daddy showed up to bring me my wallet that was in my car that he took to work that day.  So luckily he took this shot.

Interested in taking better photos?  Well, notice the leading lines from the book case and how I placed them in the right third of the image. That's one bit of photographic composition that can help you take a better photo.  Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Stop putting everyone in the middle of your image.  And also try taking some images vertical and some horizontal. you'll be happy you gave this a try.

I love this image of my son.  He couldn't decide which books to get this time.  And my daughter is so patient with him.  Is there a place you'd love to take photos of - every day things that are a part of your life?  I have one other place I am interested in taking my camera but not sure how I'll be perceived.  That's the good old grocery store.  Another part of our every day lives we take for granted.  



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of your son also! THose kind of pictures are the best! My hair is natural curly so when we do outdoor things I leave it curly and it just kind of stays all out of control. Thanks for the comments :)

Mindy Blake said...

Thanks for the tips and can I ask what your ABC's for the summer are? I would love to have something fun like that to do.

Krysta said...

I'm glad you are doing the ABC Summer. I DID take my camera to the grocery store the other day. It was interesting, but I'm so glad I did it. Definitely an every day thing that gets overlooked. Maybe you'll see it on my blog. I love the picture of the kids with the bookcase. Such a fun perspective.