Sunday, December 06, 2009

25 photos 'til Christmas - Day 6

My mother-in-law introduced me to using picks (I have no idea if this is the way picks is spelled in this case - so forgive me) on my tree. So about 3 years ago when I decided I no longer wanted the candy cane tree we had in our rather more modern looking home but rather a more rustic tree that would fit better in our more rustic new home, I waited until Anderson's had their 50-75% off sale on New Year's Day. It was also a time in my life when I had just finished cancer treatment and I knew I was probably still going to be alive for the next Christmas. I had really put things on hold the previous two years. So I trucked my bald head into the store and purchased a gorgeous wooden garland and some of these snow covered picks. I found the red berry picks at Tai Pan when I went shopping with my mom and sister the day after Thanksgiving - the only time I've even done that. Even with the 75% off I wasn't able to buy as many as I would have liked, but they really add to my tree and bring the feeling of the outdoors into my living room. So I slide on the snowy juniper picks and then slide the berry picks on top of those. The berries show up better with the lighter color underneath. These are the last Christmas decorations I have paid for. Last year I made a gorgeous pine cone wreath and garland. I'll share photos of them soon.

No comments: