Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Haeley's Photography!

Last night, I gave Haeley a little photography lesson. You know, this wide angle lens is fun, but she needed to know how to focus it. We talked about how and where to focus it and how to change where the focus is in the lens (mine only has 5 points of focus). We also talked about background. She crouched down on the ground and got most of her shots. She got close and far away. She went on a photo safari in her own backyard and she was so proud of herself when she got done. Then we looked at them on the computer and she chose her favorites. She gets to enter one in the PTA contest at her school. I think it will be the first photo you see here, but it was hard for her to choose. Today I am going to teach her how to upload it to our lab and she will get to choose what size - it has to be mounted and sprayed - although it might look cool on metallic paper - I have to let her decide all on her own. Either way, fun stuff for being 6!







5 comments:

Trishelle said...

WOW! She has got quite the eye for photography! Which really shouldn't be all that surprising considering her parents!

I would love to buy copies of some of these to frame in my house. Do you think she would sell copies? How do YOU feel about that?

Marne said...

Wow! Can H come and take pictures for me? Great job!

Unknown said...

Awesome HK! I like the first one but number three may be my favorite! Just like her mom and dad.

Lindee said...

good job kiddo! i love them all but i think the closed flower is my favorite.

Trishelle said...

Cool! I'm so excited! How about HK decides how much she would like to sell 8x10 copies and I will figure out how many we can buy. I'm so excited to display an young artist's work in my home!