Monday, August 18, 2008

Where have we been?

Tyler had a business conference in Chicago this year along with his Dad and Uncle. Sharla and I shopped the Magnificent Mile and had a blast (although I didn't buy much - still not much in the way of petites). I'll tell you more about it later, I have to get Haeley ready for school shopping and her first day of dance class!
Chicago

The Magnificent Mile

With one of my mission companions (trainer in fact)

Did you know the Ferris Wheel was invented for Chicago for the World's Fair? This is a replica.

John Hancock Building

The American Girl store was on the same block as our hotel - what a crazy busy place!

Abraham Lincoln's Home:

Iowa Corn:

Nauvoo Temple:

Tyler making rope with a missionary in Old Nauvoo:

St. Louis Temple:

St. Louis Arch:

Me leaning over to see out the windows - crazy!

Both of us inside the arch:

3 comments:

Marne said...

What fun Laura!

Krysta said...

How fun! I love all of your pictures.

Trishelle said...

Laura, I'm so glad you were able to go on your trip. It looks like you had a great time!