Sunday, April 07, 2013

Back from our Spring Break mini-vacation in Moab, Utah and the wonderful Junior Ranger Program!

I made this page using inspiration from a sign I saw in the town of Moab.  They had a really cool billboard but with little kids in tow, we didn't do the extreme activities shown in their photos.  But we did come home with some AMAZING memories and GREAT photographs.  


I'm going to keep this scrapbook really simple and clean.  I want the photos to be the stars of the pages and not the elements.  I did make this huge element in Adobe Illustrator and it will be something versatile that I can change the titles on for each area we visited.  

We visited Arches National Park, Dead Horse Point State Park, and Canyonlands National Park. My children excitedly added Junior Ranger Badges for each park and earned an additional Red Rock Ranger badge which requires badges from 2 South Eastern Utah National Parks and at least one State Park.  The badge is pretty cool if you children are interested in earning them as well.

Here's the link to the Junior Ranger Workbooks so that you can print them before you go.  Our children worked on them quietly in the car.  It was wonderful!



This is the Red Rock Ranger patch and I can't find it online anywhere. You can pick up the workbook at any of those parks although Arches was out of the patches so we had to drive back to Dead Horse State Park to pick them up at the end of our trip.



No comments: