Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Snow in October

It rained and rained last night.  I think we even got a little hail.  That would be when my children ran downstairs to the theater room between getting home from school and waiting for daddy to get home.   I was in bed with the flu all of yesterday and today until 11:30 a.m.  The severe pain in my throat is gone but I have a cough but a cough is much better than throwing up in my book.  My husband took good care of me with the warm chicken broth and jello water. 


Then at 8:00 a.m. my son came running into my room and said, "Mommy, guess what?" with the excitement only a 6 year old can muster.  "Mommy, it's not even Halloween, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas!"  So I asked, "Did it snow?" And he answered, "It SNOWED! It snowed a whole bunch, " slowing down the words whole and bunch to add emphasis. His excitement was contagious, although not contagious enough to get me out of  bed.  So at 11:30 when I got out of bed for the first time today, I saw the snow.  I was surprised at how much.  It will melt soon, I'm sure, but today while there is snow on the ground - I will be playing Christmas music in my house.  If that annoys you, you are NOT invited over.   Who wants to chance getting the flu anyway...


For those of you not from around here, this snow is an amazing blessing.  It has been a very hot and dry summer.  Usually the reservoir has filled a little by mid-October.  Instead, the water levels were slowly lowering even though they stopped pumping out water in August.  I can see the reservoir from my office window.  Now if the snowy weather will just keep going, we'll all be okay. 

No comments: