Thursday, June 09, 2011

Dress Rehearsal

Sorry it's been a few days since I posted. I'm enjoying my class and the students are great.  More photos in the gallery than ever before. My daughter had her dress rehearsal today.  It's always a lot of fun but a little bit stressful. Daddy came along and helped video while I photographed.  This first photo is my favorite from today.  I will share ballet today, then jazz, and in a few days, tap and the finale.  

How do you get great dance photos? You need to set your camera on manual but keep your lens on auto focus.  f2.8, 1/160 second, ISO 1250. And just so you know I darkened this first photo in photoshop because I love the contrast on her face. I'm so glad they decorated the background. The stars are fun!









1 comment:

Heather said...

Someday I will learn photography. This gorgeous work you do is like magic to me.

Also, I can't believe how grown up and beautiful your daughter is!