Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My new garden toy

I received my check for a class I taught recently and cashed it, except for the part that goes for tithing.  Then I ran to the Honda dealer and garden store and spent it all.  I've been wanting one of these for years.  So I talked Tyler into letting me have my check for gardening purposes.  I didn't think it would be enough for this but it was.  It's 9 inch wide Honda F110 mini tiller.  I wanted it so that I could keep the weeds out of my flower bed and use it between the rows of my vegetable garden to keep the weeds down.  I just don't have the energy to hand weed.  And it's too windy to put most of the things I'd like to grow in a square foot garden.  
I tilled up half my garden plot the other day.  And finally got my lettuce, cabbage, onions, peas, and kohlrabi in the ground.  Photos soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Rhonda Gales said...

Stopping by from A Diva's Garden. Admiring the mini tiller, I could handle one that size and it doesn't take up a lot of storage space. I'll have to check it out.

http://adivasgarden.blogspot.com
http://mother-2-mother.blogspot.com