Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Christmas Decorations

I'm all prepared for Christmas because


right about now I should be having surgery.  I am confident things will turn out even better than expected.  And I am confident that I will be able to enjoy the holidays despite having surgery and staying overnight in the hospital.  What surgery you ask? None of your bees wax.  Actually, I did go to physical therapy for 6 or 8 weeks (it's all a blur) and it didn't cut it.  So the only option left is to cut things and move them into place.  Yeah Baby! Can you tell I'm a little stressed?

But the good news is (and it's important to focus on the good news) that my neighbors are willing to help with rides to the bus stop at the end of our long switch back of a lane.  My husband can work from home a lot of the time while I am in bed recovering. My in laws live across the street and my kids can stay over and still get to school on the day of the surgery and the next day since I have to stay overnight. Another neighbor wants to take my children to a kid friendly Christmas concert the end of the week.  I've had a lot of offers from friends who want to bring in meals.  Well, that's probably not going to happen, except with my awesome GF friend. I am already craving her incredible to die for breadsticks.  I'm allergic to wheat, soy, melons, and berries. Oh and nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc) will kill me in a few minutes.  My life is so exciting that I can hardly stand it!

I've been cooking like crazy.  8 lbs of chicken, 3 lbs of hamburger, taco soup, lasagna, chicken fettucini alfredo.   I just need to make 2 batches of wheat free cornbread muffins tomorrow after I get home from getting my blood drawn and last minute instructions. And I'm exhausted so I'm looking forward to sleeping a lot this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im exhausted just reading your post! You seriously are awesome!! I wouldnt do any of that, I would let everyone bring us food ;P Glad your surgery went good and hope you get feeling back to normal soon :)