Saturday, August 14, 2010

Green Beans - finally!

I've really been looking forward to these all year.  On Monday I harvested the beans you see in the first photo.  On Wednesday I harvested the beans in the second photo. WOW! Most of them have been blanched, placed in quart size ziploc freezer bags and placed them in the freezer. The rest will end up being canned.

Monday:
Wednesday:
And my kiddos even helped.  My son even joined in because he saw his sister hard at work and he can't be out done! 
The same day I also harvested onions and the last of the garlic.  Some tips on garlic - the larger the clove, the larger bulb it will grow into.  Keep that in mind.  I had the space so I just planted everything I had - big and little.  


This photo just doesn't do this justice.  This yellow onion is HUGE! The red onion is an average size red onion. Anyway, fresh salsa is on the way ... well, if the tomatoes would ripen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your always so busy and I dont know how you do it! I wish I was more domestic!
My camera is a Sony and I paid like 3 or 400 for it I think. Thanks for liking all my pictures :) I love all yours too!