Friday, July 23, 2010

doctor!

okay, so my daughter stepped on a nail on Monday (thankfully we have aflac for that - need some, contact my husband). So it was off to the doctor.  My son had his well child check up on Tuesday.  I had put it off long enough and made that appointment a week or so ago.  Then my husband had a doctor's appointment but changed it to next week so that he could help me with a client who was coming over to book a wedding (we do wedding photography - see here). Then I met with the lung doctor yesterday.  He says my upper two lobes of my lungs are swollen from the radiation and it's permanent and there is nothing they can do for it.  He says that I also have reactive airways - so in other words I have allergy and exercise induced asthma.  I am now trying out an inhaler I take once in the morning and once at night.  He said that should reduce the swelling in my airways and make things better. It's the combination of the two things that makes it difficult to be active.  He also wants me to have an ECG to make sure there is not a case around my heart because of the significant amount of radiation that I received.  So that is on the same day as Tyler's appointment.  I am truly grateful for doctors and modern medicine.  I'm just not so happy when I receive the doctor bills.  I did enjoy spending the rest of the day at my parent's house and my children played so well with their cousins.

3 comments:

Mindy Blake said...

Wew-you're busy! Glad they are getting some answers for you though. Sorry it isn't very encouraging.

Krysta said...

That does not sound like fun! I'm sorry to hear that about your lungs. Hopefully the inhaler really will help.

I loved all of your new posts...well new to me. I haven't made my rounds in blog land for awhile. I loved looking at all of your veggie and flower garden photos. You do such a good job!

Unknown said...

Your garden is beautiful and I love looking at it! I cant believe all you have been through and continue to go through, good luck and I hope the inhaler works for you :)