Friday, December 11, 2009

25 photos 'til Christmas - Day 11

Kind of a cool ornament. Guess what I found tonight? My daughter wants to learn to cross stitch. Some of the ornaments on my tree I cross stitched years ago. In my digging I found four green foam ellipses just about the size of this ornament here. And I found my mini hot glue gun - it's easier to work with when things need to be precise. Now I just wish I had not thrown that bag of pine cones away. Maybe I'll find some or maybe I'll have to put this on my to-do list for next year. Or maybe I'll try a different coating. I've seen black beans, dried roses, etc. We'll just have to see what inspires me. Every make these on your own before? Any tips?

1 comment:

Mindy Blake said...

Laura-I have really loved checking the count down on your blog. It has helped me appreciate this Christmas and my decorations in a different way. It has all meant a lot more to me. Thank you!