Thursday, December 10, 2009

25 photos 'til Christmas - Day 10

When I saw this Nativity Set, I knew I had to have it. Willow Tree. I loved the feeling of humility that it portrayed. It was a very humble scene - young parents with very little money. Joseph was a carpenter, a laborer. No glowing heads, no fancy clothes. The baby Jesus is cradled in his mother's arms. Joseph has his hand over his heart as if in awe and gratitude over what has occurred. The only thing I wish it had was a manger because she eventually had to put that baby down and get some sleep, and so even if he is not in the manger in this scene there still needs to be one there. I added the angel that was given to me when I finished chemo and radiation 3 years ago this week. Her name is Courage and she has her arms up in the air and she is shouting for joy - which fits perfectly with the song 'Joy to the World'.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is my favorite nativity also. I'm saving up for it. My second favorite is a Chilean one that Jeffrey's mission president gave us. I'll have to post a photo of it.

Keiko said...

I collect Willow Trees and just love them! My husband gave me this set for Christmas this year, and I can't wait to set it up next year!