Saturday, January 17, 2009

What do you do when it's cold outside?

Go to the Elk Ranch of course. Actually, this ranch is not a real ranch. During the summer they harvest the hay from this mountain top meadow, then they feed the elk in the winter. This has helped to protect the elk who had a nasty habit of raiding barns and stepping onto busy highways in the valley. They even said that during the 2 week elk hunt in the fall about 200 elk hide out at the ranch where hunting is not allowed. It was great fun taking the kids to see the Elk. Cj was so quiet but Hk was super excited.

Anyway, I also wanted to get in another plug about the Life's Journey and Triumph albums at COTTAGE ARTS. The links are below. Don't forget that we are donating 25% to cancer research and they really need it. Last night a friend of mine called to tell me she'd been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. We were neighbors for 3 years and she helped with my kids so much while I was sick. She even had an outdoor evening picnic with some of the other neighbor moms just for me so I could get out and socialize for an hour one evening. Her kindness and good example is often in my thoughts. And I am trying to think of a way to help her. She has to go for radiation soon. I feel for her!

1 comment:

Misty said...

what do we do when it's cold? i just lock my kids in their rooms, slide food under the door, and turn my music up so loud i can't hear their screams.......