Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February garden update

It's that time of year again. My gardening is off to a great start and I have renewed energy to work on it. My daughter is beginning her Personal Progress in April,  and Moms can complete their's as well. Gardening is my main project for the value Faith. Heirloom tomatoes can take months longer than hybrid tomatoes to even bloom, much less produce fruit, so I started them in January around the 2nd or 3rd.  I'm growing Cherokee Purple and Pink Brandywine yet again. Yum! The second tub holds the seeds that I planted last week.  So far the cabbage has sprouted. It's probably due to the heating pad on that end to help the jalapeño seeds sprout. Jalapeños take at least 3 weeks, if not 4 weeks to sprout, so if you haven't started yours yet, you still have a little bit of time. More on that tomorrow!

No comments: