Tuesday, March 05, 2013

My latest kitchen upgrade is under cabinet lighting

There were supposed to be lights installed when we built the house but somehow that didn't happen (maybe an oversight on my part since I was doing chemo and radiation at the time).  The light rails below the cabinets were installed. So last week I installed some lights myself.  I chose xenon.  If I had it to do over again I would go with LED. Those xenon lights get hot!!!

 Plugs connected to a light switch didn't get installed above the cabinets either.  So sad and I'm not sure how to light that area.  It's probably going to take a professional. 3 of the 5 lights are on a dimmer switch. Oh and do you like my cute over mitts? I made those!


And I love my new mixer.  It is the Kitchen Aide 600 professional mixer. I burned up enough motors to know that it was time to spend more on a mixer.  After weeks of research I went with this one. And I got it at Kohl's and it was on sale (a savings of over $100) and then the 30% discount I received in the mail plus a $50 cash back reward, and $25 reward for using my Visa.   It was about $200 when all was said and done.

The basket of onions are Big Daddy onions I grew in my garden this past summer.

Maybe I'll install some lights under the cabinets in my laundry room - LED for sure!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the lights under the cabinets!! And I love your mits and awesome job on the mixer-thats the best feeling :)