Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pumpkins everywhere

We are now in the teens for our pumpkin harvest.  Some are on the front porch, some are on the hearth, some are on the bookshelves in the living room.  I placed a 12 oz glass in the first photo so you could see how tall the one in the back is.  Pretty nice for a Spirit Bush pumpkin.  There are 4 or 5 more that will be ready soon.  

I better get back to making preparations for the Gingerbread Haunted House.  I just mixed up the dough (I haven't found a gluten free gingerbread recipe that holds up for long and makes sturdy enough walls so I made a regular white flour recipe and my hands are itchy - time to break out my steroid cream)

Royal icing is next! I make the gates, railing, and decorative edging before hand and let it dry on wax paper.  Then it's easy to apply it to the house with a little more icing.

My son carried all of these pumpkins down the hill and into the kitchen and onto the cabinet all on his own.  Amazing!

1 comment:

Rhonda Gales said...

Your pumpkins look great. I'll have to check out the Spirit Bush pumpkin, my grandson would love them.