Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Haunted Gingerbread Houses for Children

The most frustrating part of making a gingerbread house of any kind is assembling the pieces together.  Because I do this with melted brown sugar, I don't allow little hands the opportunity to get burned.  This way, it gets done quickly and the kids get to do the FUN part - DECORATING!!!

My daughter filled her chimney with all sorts of sprinkles.

My son filled the chimney with orange icing snakes -rattle snakes.


My daughter loved the Wilton Black Sparkle Gel and her fondant bat.

A pumpkin patch is a must with a haunted gingerbread house.

I made the spiderweb ahead of time by using royal icing made from the Wilton Meringue Powder and creating the web on wax paper along with the black candy balls (as my kids referred to them, cannon balls from the USS Constitution they're building too)

My son loved his fondant grass. 


The Wilton Bone Sprinkles were a favorite.




No comments: