Monday, October 08, 2012

Haunted Gingerbread house - PROGRESS!

I changed the roof.  After looking at the photos of the house I realized the roof was not right.  So now it's peaked. 



Roof for mine.  Walls for the children's houses.

I used paste dyes to add color to the Royal Icing and the fondant.

I added crushed jolly ranchers to create the stained glass windows.
You can add them when baking or you can add them later and bake them into place. 375 degrees for 8 or 10 minutes.

And that front porch piece down on first is why I messed up the front area and ended up with a very tipped roof.


All sorts of sprinkles (and a syringe of cough medicine). 

Candy, candy, and more candy...

6 types of sprinkles - because we used fondant we didn't need the sugar color sprinkles.

 Dots and Candy Corn

I used the melted brown sugar to glue it together.

No comments: