Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not to complain about the weather...

 but I just hope that the snow on the side of the road melts fast enough to let all this water through so that we don't loose electricity to our house. If it fills up anymore, we are in trouble. We live in the middle of an alfalfa field. I don't know if you can see the new lake in this photo.  There was a drain from that side of the road to the farmer's field across the road and past the neighbor's house.  It filled in years ago.


You can see our house and our electric box in the background here and the neighbors' box in the foreground on the left and the water washing across the road.

Here's a better view of the amazing amounts of water pouring across the road. Anyway, I am going to go fill up the other two bathtubs with water because if our electricity goes, so does our well pump and I'd like to be able to flush the toilets.

1 comment:

thejohnmfamily said...

This is crazy! Keep me posted.