Thursday, December 22, 2011

The lights of Christmas

This year I found the star filter.  It fit perfectly on my 50mm f1.8 lens. It was fun to try this oldie but goody - it's nice to be able to control the focus on the dSLR.

But even more fun to get this look without having to go with f22 using the star filter.
Here you can see the decorations better because I turned the living room lights on.

A few close ups. 




And a fun angle I've been wanting to try for years but just plain forgot about.

 My favorite Christmas decoration is my nativity.  It's by Willow Tree and wrapping a few white lights down and around added just the right touch.

And my pine cone garland with lights on it this year.

The little entry tree and with the big tree in the background.

Ahhh

 I LOVE my mantle! 


1 comment:

Rhonda Gales said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I spent Christmas at my daughter's this past year, so I didn't put a tree. Oh I missed it. I'm glad I got an opportunity to enjoy yours.