Thursday, June 17, 2010

Air show

We recently went to the local air show. We have a small airport in our valley. One of my husband's clients allowed the kids to climb into their plane for a few photos. They were grinning ear to ear!

But my daughter was most interested in these ... All girl!

And my son was more interested in these ultra cool toys of theirs.

And last of all our local university has a fixed wing flight school so they got to climb in and check out the instrument panel.  You can see Tyler on the other side of the plane talking to the instructor about how much it would cost to get his pilot's license.  oh boy...

It couldn't have been a prettier day - just a bit on the warm side which made the breeze tolerable.  I've been trying to get my kids to wear hats to prevent sunburn on the tops of their heads - especially since melanoma runs in both families.  They did great.

And for aspiring photogs: I use a wide angle lens for all of these photos and I used aperture priority mode.  I knew it was going to be a fun day and I wanted photos took everything in in areas where space was limited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome! I bet the kids were loving it, I know my boys would have been. Im so with ya on the hat thing, you cant be to careful these days!

Mindy Blake said...

Looks like it was a fun family outing! Love the pics!