Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just a hint

I took plenty of before and after photos of this project.  Let's just say the 8 cubic yards of mulch covered the area by my office, the front flower garden, and the garden area along the edge of the driveway.  We think it will take 20 cubic yards to fill in the space in front between  the driveway and road.  And we haven't even touched the back or around the house.  
They say that garden beds use less water.  We shall see.  Did you know the number one mistake people make when applying mulch? Using too little.  You need 2 to 4 inches.  We get a lot of wind so we went with a mulch that kind of sticks to itself or intertwines somewhat and we put it down 4 to 6 inches deep.

Besides that, it looks amazing and coordinates with the house.  I didn't realize how gray our dirt was until we put this mulch down.  I spent my birthday money on it - I've been saving it since January.  Thanks to all of you who gave me birthday money!

I over did it in the yard last year with all the weeding - I was trying to be super mom, super gardener, etc.  I ended up with pneumonia.  So I am thinking this mulch will help improve my health this year.  Again, we shall see...

No comments: