Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter and the Easter Bunny

Because we enjoy the Easter egg hunt on the town square on Saturday, we keep Sunday as a reserved sort of day where we attend church and talk about the Savior.  The Lions Club hosts this event - so we just show up bright and early.  I think it took the kids a whole 10 seconds to clear the entire field covered with thousands of eggs. Of course, the bright colored plastic eggs filled with candy and coupons for gifts and free stuff from local stores were extremely easy to see in the snow.

And it was nice for the kids to enjoy some time with the Easter Bunny.  Later that day we drove down to my parent's home for dinner.  It was delicious. My sister and her family, Epi and Manuel were there too, and my brother and one of his roommates along with my brother's girlfriend's dog. My children and my sister's children played quietly with each other for hours. It was so refreshing. My mom and I ran to Hobby Lobby and I found the pattern I needed for a dress for my daughter (I've got most of it cut out now - we'll see how it goes with the putting it together). If it looks okay then I will post a photo of it.  I bumped into my highschool home economics teacher from Dugway and she was wondering if I still sewed. She said I was the most talented of all her home ec students. I mostly just cross-stitch and crochet now.  So I decided to be daring and drag out the sewing machine to make my daughter's baptism dress.  If it doesn't work, there is always Jolene's in the mall, right?!

No comments: