Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why WE go to church...


I've been thinking so much lately about the process of life. We learn as we go - meaning that it doesn't all come to us at once. We continue to go to church each week and have family home evening each week, gaining little bits each time. We read our scriptures as a family nightly and then as adults we study on our own as well. Sometimes I struggle in getting everything done that needs to be done in a day - do I chose the better part? Sometimes I wonder if I am making a difference in my children's lives. And then there are days like these when an inspired Primary teacher did make a difference and made my life better because of it. Today they taught Haeley about sharing. She came out of her class with two homemade chocolate chip cookies and immediately handed one to her brother Coleton. And then she said, I want to SHARE with Coleton. She handed me this picture she had colored and we talked about it. I hugged her and told her it made my day that she was so willing to share with her brother. It's been a crazy summer with lots of whining and hitting and arguing between those two, so hopefully this is a breakthrough. I am going to post this photo on the wall in her room and hopefully this will not be last time we talk about sharing and how great she did today.

3 comments:

Marne said...

Isn't it a nice feeling when the kids do that? I don't know what it is about summer but the kids sure do fight a lot, don't they? It's a never ending battle!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The Jones Family said...

I'm glad my kiddos aren't the only ones whining and fighting! :) I had a chance to teach Calebs Primary class the last few weeks and it just makes me SO HAPPY when the kids, including my own, can tell me what they've learned, remember the songs we sung as part of the lesson, and actually want to practice what was taught...There is Heaven on Earth...and so is Hell, but that's for another day. :)

Misty said...

i love those moments when we have breakthroughs with our kids. it seems like they come so far in between though - or maybe i am just not watching for them.