Friday, July 18, 2008

Memory

First, Hk got to be responsible today. Earlier this summer HK dumped her bike helmet on the floor in the garage. Unfortunately, that spot on the garage floor was under the rear tire of my car. So, today she payed for her own bike helmet with money she earned from doing chores. I am really hoping this helps to teach her to take better care of her things. "Ownership does wonders" as my MIL says. Hopefully this is true.

MEMORIES:

This one's going around. I thought it'd be ... interesting to read some memories. And it fits because I went visiting teaching the other day to a lady whose daughter was back in town. I could clearly remember when I met her daughter, at a church activity, about 12 years ago and I could tell she couldn't remember me at all (that's because she had her eye on Ry* P* the whole time - they later married). My memory is hit and miss sometimes too. What about yours?

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments

7 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Ha Ha this is soooo funny, maybe not the best memory I could have but none the less a memory...We were in a threesome compainionship on our mission (whew that particular time was a rough time for me..)and we burned all my old boyfriends letters in the fireplace. Do you remember that? SO CRAZY!!

Beeks by the Lake said...

Actually that was after she got transfered so it was just you and me. We were only a 3-ship part of the time. I don't remember why she left before we did, do you? OH, Do you remember that the vent wasn't all the way open all the way in the fireplace and the neighbors thought we were burning that old condo down? And then we had to air out the apartment and we bought spray at KMart and that psycho girl chased us in her car. Crazy, but some funny stuff too!

Mindy said...

I remember the awesome pics you took at my reception. You and Tyler were just getting into photography and I totally reaped the benefits. They're still some of my favorites!!

The Jones Family said...

How funny Laura - I actually did not remember that...but I'm not surprised by it at all! :)

Trishelle said...

Hmmm! Gosh, a couple of memories come to mind:

I remember going up to Logan to visit you and the fam. I had just ended a really nasty relationship and was kind of freaked out and really unsure of what to do next. I got stuck in a storm and got lost but finally made it. When I got there, you and your awesome parents made me feel so loved and welcome. We talked for hours that weekend and caught up on everything we were doing since graduating from high school. It had been so long since I had that much fun without the heavy worries I had on my mind. That weekend, you actually helped me make some very important decisions.


Another one I have is getting grounded from Homecoming and being so furious with my mom that I had to tell someone. So I cam storming over to your house, turned to corner to your front porch and interrupting you and a certain young man just as he was going in for a big smooch. I'm pleased to say, you did SOOOOO much better than stickin' with him!

thejohnmfamily said...

One memory that comes to mind is when I first met you. I randomly decided to knock on your door and meet you because you had taught in RS and seemed like a fantastic person. Within minutes, we were talking about our lives, hobbies, scrapbooking, decorating houses, raising kids, childbirth, etc. I think Tyler must have thought we were crazy to spend 2 hours talking to each other having just barely met, but it was so fun!

Beeks by the Lake said...

Melissa, since you don't have a blog that I know about yet, I'll leave my comment here. The first thing I remember about you was seeing you in the hallway at church. You were finally feeling better after having those adorable twins of yours early and came to church. I can't remember if you had one of them with you because I can't remember how old your twins were at that point. I remember talking quite a while and the first thing I thought was, YES! someone who likes to talk as much as I do (and now emails those long letters like I do). You are so full of energy and talented and REAL. Since then you've washed my dishes, run to the grocery store for me, brought some of the best meals, and spent a lot of time talking and emailing. Thanks for your friendship girl! miss you