Thursday, June 12, 2008

dirt, dirt, and more dirt...

This morning Haeley had her final day of swim lessons for Level 2. She even got a nice Swim America Award of Advancement. I think she'll do well in level 3, which starts next week. Not sure on level 4 - it is pretty advanced for a 6 year in her first year of swim lessons. She has a really good kick and confidence in the water which really makes me happy. She really enjoys the water and it makes her happy.

As far as our yard goes, I think things are coming along and I feel like I can finally say that I think we are over half way done with the sprinkler system. We've been working our fannies off and we're tired but we are starting to see it all coming together. Today I realized that we have two zones that need to be completed - weird things like digging under the front steps and stuff - as well as two smaller zones that need to be started. That means that we have 12 zones totally completely piped. I marked where all the heads need to be cut in on 11 zones this afternoon while the kids watched a movie. They were helping me at first but spent the whole time complaining. I know, the dirt is starting to get to me too. It's a lot of work, but kiddos, we have to work now in order to be able to enjoy our yard later. Besides, doing it ourselves means saving thousands of dollars. That means we'll be able to put in grass this year. Now it is nap time and I am going to relax and enjoy some time by myself for a few moments.

2 comments:

Heather said...

The title of your post reminded me of mine recently that was 'wind, wind, and more wind'. Our area of utah is ALWAYS windy I think. We are heading into installation of sprinklers, grass, and a fence. You'll have to let us all know how it turns out... and any hints you have for doing it yourself.

KGould said...

I hope that you are all doing well. I was wondering if i would finally come across your blog because i recently used some ideas from your layouts in Digital Scrapbooking magazine to make some pages for my friend Heather who just finished treatment for Breast Cancer. http://tiny.cc/nDytd