Friday, April 25, 2008

3 things, cards, cancer, and dreams

Good CARD news - First of all, now I know what to give you all when you are expecting! Thanks for making it easier on me! You'll just have to let me know which designs you like the best.

I showed them to my friend and she wants to sell some of them at her salon. She said her clients want something other than just their gift card (credit card looking thing). They want something cute, like my cards, to put them in to give to the people they love. Now I have to make a clever way to keep track of them. I have to make some other designs. And I need to buy a little display rack (got any ideas of where to find something like that?). I found cute plastic sleeves to put them in. The cards are 4x5.5 inches. WHAT WOULD YOU CHARGE FOR THEM? I have no idea. I know how much they cost me to make, but no idea what to charge! Without knowing what it cost to make them, what is the first price idea that comes to your mind?

cancer:
I've been so busy and sick this week that I missed celebrating my cancerversary - the day I was diagnosed. APRIL 21st!!! It's been 2 years and it has also been 1 year and 4 months since I finished treatment (chemo and radiation). Coleton was just 4 weeks old and Haeley had just turned 4 a few days before. Needless to see, every day is better than the last and I can hardly believe how time has flown.

dreams:
so the other night I had a dream where I had a severe pain in my side. I woke up with it and spent hours laying there in serious pain. Then the next night I had a dream that I had tonsillitis so bad it grossed out the doctor (they took out my tonsils when I was 21) and I woke up with a bad sore throat and a cold. SO IF YOU CAN'T FIND ME TOMORROW - HOPEFULLY I AM IN TAHITI!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Choose your favorite one and mark up a 100% from your cost. Then use your other designs and do 50% and see what your buyers are interested in price or beauty. :)
Good idea to use other shops to sell your cards. Try baby second hand stores, consignment stores, etc. You could be rich by morning!! :)

Marne said...

Well, I don't know what your cost is, but I would sell for at least $1.50 per card at the minimum. They are really cute!

Congrats on being cancer free! What an accomplishment. I admire you so much, and have loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing with all of us.